There are different ways to achieve the same result, which is controlling the Swordfish Chrome extension behavior. There are two main "levers" that control the extension:
Show side tab on websites - When this is selected, you will see the Swordfish stub on the right whenever you are on a website of one of the social networks we support or on the results page of Google or Bing.
Auto-open popup - When this is selected, the extension will automatically popup from the right stub, and perform a preliminary search behind the scenes to show what data might be available for the profile you are viewing.
These two check boxes appear in the "Options" window (see screenshot below).
Getting to the Options window can be done in several ways depending on how the extension is configured on your Chrome browser.
If you see the Swordfish icon on the right of the Chrome address bar:
- Hover with your courser over the icon and right click.
- Click "Options" from the menu. The Options menu will pop to the front of your screen (see image below).
3. Click on "Options" from the menu. The Options menu will pop to the front of your screen (see image at the bottom of this article).
If you don't see the Swordfish icon and only see the "Extensions" icon:
- Click the extensions icon on the chrome toolbar (see image below) to open the extensions menu.
2. On the extensions menu, click the three dots on the right of the Swordfish extension (see image below)
3. Click on "Options" from the menu. The Options menu will pop to the front of your screen (see image below).